Article provided by: rci.edu
Medical Assistant Classes Near Me in Los Angeles
TV doctors of the 1960s and 1970s were of two types. First were the extremely good-looking young characters like Dr. Ben Casey or Dr. Kildare who often got into a romantic entanglement on each show. The second type was the elderly father-like character such as Marcus Welby MD or Quincy conjuring up some miraculous cure with each episode.
Compare those TV doctors to characters in medical shows of the 1990s and 2000s like Grey’s Anatomy and Chicago Hope. The focus is on the interns and staff instead of a single doctor and the casts of the later shows are also more diverse featuring women and minorities in major roles.
The Real World
In the real world, the burden of health care has shifted from the doctor to a slew of medical assistants including certified nursing assistants, EKG/ECG technicians, Phlebotomy technicians and other jobs that require extensive training. In the Los Angeles area, that training is provided by Regan Career Institute (RCI) to people wanting a career in the medical field.
The demand is certainly there for qualified medical assistants. With baby boomers entering retirement age, their medical needs will greatly increase. At the same time, the number of new board-certified physicians and registered nurses (RN’s) will not keep up with the demand. What the Ph.D. physicians and RNs cannot handle will fall to the medical assistants much like how paralegals do the support work for the attorney.
Your search for medical assistant classes near me in Los Angeles is over. RCI is at the forefront to train people and fill that need for medical assistants. They offer a variety of courses including:
- Certified Medical Assistant – CMAs perform support work for the physician and will be called upon to “wear many hats” in a clerical or administrative role. A CMA will be asked to give injections and may assist in minor surgeries.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician – Phlebotomy is just a fancy word meaning a surgical opening or puncture for the purpose of withdrawing or adding fluid. One important task of a CPT is to make sure all labels are properly attached to containers holding blood and other fluids.
- ECG/EKG Certified Technician – If you have ever taken a treadmill test to check out how your heart is working the ECG/EKG Tech is the person operating the machines that produce the jagged lines on a long strip of paper.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Becoming a CNA is the stepping stone to a career as an RN or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – If you are already an RN and want to gain a significant bump up in your pay, consider becoming a BSN.
One last offering offered by RCI is their 3 in 1 Course Bundle. With the 3 in 1 program, you will earn three certifications for significantly lower tuition than taking the three courses individually. Just as a baseball player who can play many positions is more valuable to the team, your three certifications will make you more attractive to prospective employers.
If you live in the El Monte neighborhood and are looking for medical assistant classes near me in Los Angeles then you can contact RCI via email at [email protected] or by phone at 626-455-0312. Classes are due to begin in early February so don’t delay your enrollment.medical assistant classes near me Los Angeles